Pecan Brownie Pie with Huma @peacefulplanteater
Huma of @peacefulplanteater started creating recipes in 2015 when she realised how easy adopting a plant-based lifestyle could be. She is now helping others on a plant-based journey get inspired and get into the kitchen to create delicious and wholesome meals that are easy and inexpensive. Make this Pecan Brownie Pie on the weekend ready for the week ahead, pop it in the freezer for a healthy snack to nibble away during the week.
1 ½ cups walnuts
1 ½ cups almonds
2 ½ cups pitted dates
½ cup cocoa
2 tbsp peanut butter
½ tsp vanilla essence
1 ½ cups pitted dates
½ cup coconut milk (full fat)
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup crushed pecans
½ cup chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE
- Add all BROWNIE LAYER ingredients into a food processor. Blitz until a sticky dough forms.
- Transfer to a springform pan (I used a 20cm x 6cm). Press the mixture down firmly and place in freezer while you prepare the next layer.
- Place all CARAMEL LAYER ingredients in the food processor and blitz until a smooth, creamy caramel forms. Pour caramel over the brownie layer.
- Sprinkle the TOPPING ingredients over the caramel and gently press them into the caramel. Place in the freezer for a couple of hours to set.
- When slice is firm, cut up and enjoy.