Basic GF Crepes with Mikaela @fluentinveg
Mikaela @fluentinveg started her health food journey four years ago when she discovered how truly amazing healthy food made her feel. Her recipes are based on wholefoods, mostly gluten-free, refined sugar free and dairy free, as well as plenty of plant-based goodness. As featured in our Jan/Feb 2021 box, her GF Crepes are so delicious!
GF, DF & refined sugar-free
1 cup cold water
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup tapioca flour
1 cup brown rice flour
Vegan butter for frying
Fruits, Chocolate hazelnut butter &
Pure maple syrup
HOW TO MAKE
- Put all of the ingredients into a bowl and stir well.
- Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes to thicken up.
- In a fry pan on high heat, melt 1 tsp vegan butter.
- Scoop ¼ cup of mixture into the fry pan and move the frying pan around to evenly spread the mixture out. The crepe will cook quickly, about 20 seconds. Flip and cook for a further 10 seconds.
- Repeat step 4 until mixture is gone.
- Serve with freshly sliced banana, chocolate hazelnut butter and pure maple syrup. Yum!
Follow Mikaela @fluentinveg on Instagram for more inspired recipes!